Update: you can see my photo diary of the weekend here.
This is the 10th year for Open Garden Weekend and my 6th year participating.
Each year I pick a different area to visit and I hop from garden to garden. Without my bicycle I wouldn’t see as many. The gardens I aim for are those usually closed to the public.
Last year I visited Wandsworth Prison Garden. This year I will be visiting Holloway Prison Garden.
Here’s my plan for this year (and if I have time I’ll be making a couple of stops to use my Art Fund card along the way):
Saturday – Bloomsbury & the Mayor
- 10am:Alara Permaculture Forest Garden, Camley Street NW1 0PF: http://www.opensquare….
- Then Bloomsbury:
|Camley Street Natural Park||NW1||10:00–17:00|
|The Skip Garden||N1||10:00–17:00|
|British Medical Association||WC1||10:00–17:00|
|SOAS Japanese Roof Garden||WC1||10:30–17:00|
- Possibly I’ll visit the Charles Dicken’s Museum and the Foundling Museum using my Art Fund card.
- Heading for Lexham Gardens W8 5JB (open 3-5pm), where there will be a garden party, the Mayor of the Royal Borough of K&C in attendance and hopefully cakes! http://www.opensquare…
A quick stop at the jail followed by leisurely afternoon in North London
- 0930: Holloway Prison garden.
- 1230: Fenton House for a spot of lunch: http://www.opensquare…
- Branch Hill Allotments: http://www.opensquare…
- Hill Garden and Pergola: http://www.opensquare…
- A ride across Hampstead Heath on the way home.
I hope the weather stays nice!