I am excited to have an Art Fund card until the end of August. The Guardian was offering a 3 month free membership so I’m trying it out.
The card gives (nationwide) free entrance into quite a few National Trust and English Heritage properties, together with a number of smaller museums.
The card also offers discounts from the entrance cost of many exhibitions, e.g. 50 per cent off entrance to V&A exhibitions.
As I live in London, this means that between now and August 31 my bicycle & I will be trying to visit:
- Ben Uri Gallery, The London Jewish Museum of Art
- Brunel Museum
- Carlyle’s House
- Cartoon Museum
- Charles Dickens Museum (visited 11 June 2011)
- Chiswick House (visited 2010)
- Courtauld Gallery (visited 15 July 2011)
- Dulwich Picture Gallery (visited 2010)
- Eltham Palace (visited 31 July 2011)
- Fan Museum (? – not sure I have the niche interest to visit this one)
- Foundling Museum (visited 11 June 2011)
- Garden Museum (visited 15 July 2011)
- Guards Museum (visited 15 July 2011)
- Guildhall Art Gallery
- Handel House Museum (visited 4 June 2011)
- Kensington Palace (visited 15 July 2011)
- Mall Galleries (visited 15 July 2011)
- Marble Hill House
- Ranger’s House (visited 31 July 2011)